Friday 20 April 2012

Good Things

This is a brand that I haven't seen much about in the beauty world, but I am absolutely loving. My mum bought me the Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes and Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser ageeeeeeeees ago, and for some reason I never felt the urge to try them. But eventually I thought I would give them a go, and I am soooo glad I did.

Good Things is a brand that has been developed by award-winning beauty writer Alice Hart-Davis. I must admit, I don't recognise her name but I'm sure at some point I must have come across one of her articles. She developed Good Things mainly for young skin, which I really like the idea of because to me, there are loads of products out there aimed at teenagers and young people but I always feel they are for acne prone skin and contain some really harsh ingredients. In my opinion, the last thing you want to do to young skin is whack a load of chemicals on it. That is the next thing I love about all these products, they are free from parabens, sodium laureate sulphate, mineral oils and animal ingredients (what animal ingredients are in other beauty products!? Eeeeeeewwwww!) Currently, the line is seventeen products strong for both face and body but I'm just going to talk about the products that I have tried and tested.


Total Wipe Out Cleansing Wipes RRP. £3.49 (25 wipes per pack). Although I have never really bothered with brand name face wipes before, I love these. They contain raspberry and cranberry extracts which smells really lovely without being so heavily scented that it feels wrong to put it on your face! They feel bigger that the wipes i was using before so technically I think you get more wipe for your money. But the thing that I love most about them is that they are really wet. If you have ever tried getting makeup off with a slightly damp wipe you will know that it is virtually impossible without some serious scrubbing! And that is never fun!




Fresh Start Creamy Cleanser RRP. £4.99 (150ml). This cleanser has a really moisturising, gentle formula but it does the trick and it does it well. It has no nasty bright colours that irritate sensitive skin and smells gorgeous as it contains grape and pomegranate extracts. Although it's name indicates that it should be used in the morning, I use mine both morning and night and love it. Really, really nice product for a pretty affordable price.






Stop That Spot! Clearing Gel RRP. £4.99 (15ml). This is a product that my mum bought me and I have to say I wouldn't buy this kind of product for myself purely because I don't really find them beneficial. I think this is due to the fact that whenever I have a spot I will not leave it alone (slaps wrists). I'm not going to go into gory details but by the time I use a product like this what I really need is a plaster! Due to this I can't really tell you how effective this is, but what I can tell you is that it again smells nice with extracts of papaya and acai.


Miracle Mattifier Moisturiser RRP. £7.99 (100ml). I bought this moisturiser because I have combination skin and so I find that my T-zone gets slightly oily so I thought this moisturiser may help. I can't really say I've noticed a massive difference in the shininess of my skin but I really love this as a moisturiser. It isn't greasy at all and my skin absorbs it instantly which I love. It has a really nice thickish consistency and therefore a little goes a long way. Also, you will be surprised to hear (note the sarcasm) that it smells really good. This one has extracts of blackcurrant and goji berry and like the Fresh Start Cleanser, I use it in both the morning and at night.





Five Minute Facial Face Mask RRP. £5.99 (100ml). I haven't actually tried this yet as I had another product to use up before I wanted to move onto this but on first appearances it looks like a really good consistency and indictors show that it will be just as good as the others in this line. It has avocado and goji berry extracts which give it a subtle scent which again is really nice. I like to put a face mask on once a week to draw out impurities and hydrate my skin. I have no doubt that this product will not disappoint!




To sum up, I love this brand. I love the ethos behind it and the fact that it keeps nasties out of the products. I also think that they are really affordable, have beautiful packaging and smell phenomenal. I'm not completely sure why there hasn't been more hype around these products, but it may simply be because there hasn't been masses of advertising for this line. If you guys have tried any of these products I would love to hear your opinions on them, so leave any comments below.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment