Monday 30 April 2012

April Glossybox!




This is actually my very first Glossybox! I had been a subscriber to Carmine before the two merged and I had always been really impressed with their service and the products that appeared on my doorstep monthly. But I have to say, I think I love Glossybox more! Now this is only based on the first box I have received, but I absolutely love this months products.




Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum - RRP £29.00

Ok, I have to admit I haven't actually tried this product yet. First of all because it's for dehydrated skin and I wouldn't say my skin currently falls into that category at this point (in fact, at the moment it's being a bit of a nightmare!) and secondly because I've loved Caudalie products sooo much in the past but their range really is not compatible with my budget so I want to save it!



Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Eyeliner in 05 Black Caviar - RRP £11.75
When I first saw that this was in the box I wasn't really sure what this would bring to my make-up collection as I already own quite a few black eyeliner pencils (as well as liquid, gel and that in almost sharpie form! Yes, Barry M Wink, I'm looking at you!) But when I tried this product I literally let out a little gasp of delight! It applies like butter melts. It is beautifully smooth, soooo pigmented and you get all this while applying no pressure to draw it on at all. I was quite excited to put it up against my MAC Smoulder and see how the two compare. In my opinion, Inika wins. To apply the products are almost identical, but this one doesn't smudge nearly as much as Smoulder does which is great. I'm sorry I doubted you gorgeous Inika eyeliner in 05 Black Caviar, it won't happen again!



Ayuuri Natural Body Wash in Sandlewood - RRP £4.95
I have never heard of Ayuuri before, but this body wash is really lovely. It smells great and is really nice and moisturising. It does it's job well!


Figs and Rouge Lip Balm - RRP £3.29
I can't say enough good things about this lip balm. I had to literally cut the packaging to shreds (was it just me that found it really tricky to open!?) to smell the lip balm, it smelled good, like roses (which you would imagine it would for a 'Rambling Rose' lip balm!) And then I tried it. I put my finger on the lip balm and it literally melted. MELTED on my finger. I cannot get enough of it, it feels like the smoothest kind of oil on your lips and is just absolutely gorgeous. I will definitely be buying more of these!




Kai Perfume Oil - RRP £41.00/3.60ml
No that isn't a typo , it's not supposed to be 360ml. Woahhh, there cowboy that is one hell of a lot of money for 3.60ml of perfume. That's not to say that I don't like the scent because I do. It's is a really pretty, elegant spring scent. But even if I was a millionaire, I don't think I could justify spending that much on so little perfume. Just saying.

I would rate my first Glossybox experience a success. I loved all the products, some more than others but that's to be expected. I really like that the boxes are themed, and the box in itself is really pretty. I can't wait until the March box!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment